PARTICIPANT LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE AGREEMENT
I, the undersigned, desire to participate in the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening's ("SLAS") virtual event (“Event”). In exchange for being permitted to participate in and enjoy the benefits of the Event, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISKS. I acknowledge my Event participation may expose me to various risks and dangers. I hereby assume all risks associated with my Event participation, including for personal injury, death, loss of or damage to my property, or any other loss.
2. WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, AND ACTIONS. To the extent permitted by applicable law, I hereby waive all claims against, release from all liability (including for negligence), and agree not to bring any action against, SLAS or its directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, representatives, contractors, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Released Persons") for personal injury, death, loss of or damage to my property, or any other loss related to my Event participation.
3. DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION. I shall defend and indemnify SLAS and the Released Persons from all losses, liabilities, claims, and actions (including reasonable attorney's fees and litigation expenses), related to: (i) my acts or omissions; (ii) my Event participation; (iii) the rights granted by me to SLAS under this Agreement; or (iv) my breach of this Agreement.
4. PUBLICITY PERMISSION. I grant SLAS a worldwide, sub-licensable, assignable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free right (but not the obligation) to photograph, record, digitize, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit my name, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, and other personal characteristics as they may appear in photographs, recordings (audio and visual), writings, messages, and other materials (collectively, "Materials") related to the Event, in all formats and media now known or hereinafter created, for any purpose, including for advertising, trade, and commercial purposes. I acknowledge SLAS is the owner of the Materials and I have no right to inspect or approve the Materials or SLAS's use of the Materials.
5. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding its choice of law rules. Any action must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Kane County, Illinois. If a court finds a provision of this Agreement unenforceable, the rest of the Agreement remains in effect. As to the provision found unenforceable, the provision is not void, but is to be reformed and enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law. This Agreement is binding on me and my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns.
6. STATEMENT OF CONDUCT. SLAS has adopted the following Statement of Conduct. By agreeing to the terms and conditions within event registration, you are agreeing to abide by this Statement of Conduct. SLAS reserves the right to remove a non-compliant participant from the event without refund.
7. EVENT CANCELLATION. SLAS reserves the right to cancel this event due to circumstances beyond the control of the organization. In the event of cancellation, SLAS will do its best to make attendees aware of the cancellation in a timely fashion. Refunds of registration fees are not guaranteed in these circumstances.